Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cole Slaw

When I was first married, we would buy Cole Slaw at the grocery store when we were having fish. Then, one day, when cabbage was on sale, I decided to give a try of making it on my own. It was surprisingly simple to make and I no longer have to worry about the celery seed that is in many varieties of cole slaw.

Getting a nice shred on the cabbage is something that is important to me. I cut in both directions to get nice small pieces of cabbage as my base.

Cole Slaw
Shredded Cabbage - about 16 oz
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over the shredded cabbage and stir. Season to taste.


I find that it is best to make the slaw up the night before. It just gets to be creamier and more flavorful when it sits in the refrigerator over night.

No comments: