Saturday, February 16, 2013

Honey Spice Cereal Mix

When it comes to cereal snack mix, caramel corn and snack bars, I have a tendency to view cereals as interchangeable. So, when I found myself with a box of Corn Pops that someone brought upstairs but no one was choosing for breakfast, it didn't phase me a bit on where to look for a recipe - I simply headed over to the collection of recipes on Chex.com. Now understandably, some recipes will work better with some cereals than others, so I read through several before coming across one that I thought would be just about right. I found this recipe for Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix and then did a bit of my own thing.

Honey Spice Cereal Mix
6 c cereal (I used Corn Pops)
1/4 c butter or margarine
1/4 c packed brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c miniature marshmallows
1 c white chocolate chips

Place cereal in large microwavable bowl.

In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter, brown sugar and honey uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until mixture is bubbly. Stir in spices. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until coated.

Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute.

Cool about 20 minutes. Stir in marshmallows and chips. Store in airtight container.

It was such a hit that we quickly ran out and I am making a second batch...this time with butterscotch chips - it's what I have on hand!

Disclaimer

No comments: