Monday, March 4, 2013

Italian Wedding Cake

Several years ago, when I first started at my current company, someone made this cake for a carry in event and it was wonderful. I, of course, asked for the recipe and make it from time to time. The ricotta cheese mixture, as it bakes into the cake, gives it a bit of a cheesecake flavor/texture. I love the whipped topping too.



Italian Wedding Cake

1 Marble Cake (or Yellow Cake and 1/4 cup cocoa) Mix, prepared according to package directions.

I wasn't able to get a marble cake mix in my preferred brand locally, so I used a yellow cake mix and after mixing it pulled out 1 cup of the batter. I placed the remainder of the batter into the prepared pan. Then, to the 1 cup of batter I had reserved, I added 1/4 cup of cocoa. Then, like with a marble cake mix, I added the chocolate batter in spoonfuls and then ran a knife through it to make the batter marbled.



In a bowl, combine the following:
2# Ricotta Cheese
4 eggs
1 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Blend until well combined. Spoon on top of the cake batter in the pan.


Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Topping:
1 tub Whipped Topping
1 small box Chocolate Pudding
1 c milk

Combine and spread on cooled cake.



Enjoy!


Disclaimer

No comments: