Monday, November 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken

Pinterest strikes again! I was checking out what my friends were pinning the other day when I came across a recipe for Crock Pot Beer Chicken. Overall, it was a simple and basic recipe, so I decided to kick it up a notch by adding gravy. I made it for dinner and the family enjoyed it. The chicken was so tender, moist and full of flavor. The kids ate all of the chicken that I gave them and the gravy really gave it that extra rich flavor. My husband compared the gravy to a Marsala sauce, without the mushrooms. We used a Yuengling Black and Tan for the beer.

Slow Cooker Beer Chicken

2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 bottle or can of your favorite beer
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper

2 tbsp butter
1-2 tbsp flour or corn starch

Place all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and stir in the flour or cornstarch. Stir with a whisk, once it has thickened, add about 1 cup of the broth from the slow cooker. Stir with the whisk. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes, adding additional broth as needed to maintain the desired consistency. I strained the gravy before serving.

Serve chicken with gravy.


Disclaimer

1 comment:

Paul L said...

I love Beer Chicken! This looks amazing!