Friday, March 30, 2012

Creamy Chicken Florentine

Recipes are sometimes found in unusual places. This particular recipe is what that my husband got from the Catalina machine at Giant Eagle. He thought it sounded good, so I decided that I would pick up the ingredients to give it a try. We have had it a few times and there are just a few tweaks that I made to the recipe - we felt that the original proportions didn't give a 'saucy' enough dish. For the most part though, this follows the original Kraft Recipe for Creamy Chicken Florentine.


1/2 # boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
1 red pepper, cut into strips and then in half
1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
1 tub Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme (we get the 1/3 less fat variety)
1 tbsp milk
12 oz penne pasta, cooked
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts

Cook chicken and peppers in a large skillet on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
Add spinach and cook until wilted.
Add cooking cream and milk. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Add pasta and stir. Serve, topped with toasted pine nuts.

I had never used pine nuts before. The ones at my store are raw and must be cooked before eating.
The first time I made them, I added 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan, but quickly learned that was not necessary. You can simply dry toast them by putting them in a small skillet over low heat and stirring them up every few minutes. They have a really nice flavor - providing a bit of a bite, but at the same time providing a creamy taste.

Disclaimer.

No compensation was received for this post. We simply got this recipe, tried it and enjoyed it - so I wanted to share.

No comments: