Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: 7 Layer Cookies

Many of the cookies that I make are cookies that I remember helping my mom make when I was a kid. One of those cookies is called 7 Layer Cookies. There are two thoughts I have about this cookie - first, I don't actually eat them because I don't like coconut or walnuts and second, there are also only 6 ingredients - so is my 7th layer the pan? I always wonder what I am missing. I am pretty sure that I copied the recipe just as my mom had it written. This year, I added some Butterscotch Chips (did 1 c chocolate/1 c butterscotch) - so I actually had 7 ingredients this year.


7 Layer Cookies
1 stick butter, melted
1 c graham cracker crumbs
1 c coconut
1 c chopped walnuts
1 pkg chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Combine butter and graham crackers and press into the bottom of an 8" square pan. Add each ingredient as a layer. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.

Disclaimer

No comments: