Sunday, December 18, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Lemon Cookies

One of my Christmas cookies each year is a lemon cookie. Normally, I make Lemon Bars, but this year I decided to go with Lemon Cookies.

The recipe for Lemon Cookies is so simple and yet the result is so easy. My childhood best friend was the source of this recipe. The recipe is appropriate year round (especially yummy cold in the summer) and I have tried it with Strawberry and other flavors of cake mix as well.
Lemon Cookies
1 - box Lemon Cake Mix
1 - egg
1 - tub Cool Whip

Mix to combine ingredients. Place mixing bowl in freezer for about 15 minutes (makes it easier to work with). Roll dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan and then transfer to cooling racks.

Disclaimer

No comments: